Friday, January 6, 2012
Lately, I've been intrigued with hair bows. I noticed really snazzy bows at American Apparel a few months ago, and I thought they looked really fun to play with. However, as cute and as feminine as they looked resting on the shelf, I couldn't really think of a way to wear one without appearing like I was going crazy. Not too long ago, though, I stumbled across a picture that inspired me to incorporate a simple bow into an up-do. I found a precious bow at Anthropologie that was on clearance for two dollars and voila!
Thursday, December 15, 2011
I Feel a DIY project coming on. I came across a website, studsandspikes.com, where you can order all sorts of different studs...different colors, sizes, shapes, tool kits, etc. I have a lot of pieces in my closet that I would consider really good blank canvases to experiment on. A plain black clutch, black pumps, white tees...can't wait!
Monday, December 5, 2011
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me- it is crucial to my well being.
4. Do not be angry at me for long, and do not lock me up as punishment.
5. You have your work, your entertainment, and your friends. I only have you.
6. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don't understand your words, I understand your voice when it is speaking to me.
7. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget.
8. Remember before you hit me that I have teeth that could easily hurt you, but I choose not to bite you because I love you.
9. Before you scold me for being uncooperative, obstinate, or lazy, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I might not be getting the right food, or I have been out too long, or my heart is getting too old and weak.
10. Take care of me when I get old; you too will grow old. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say: "I cannot bear to watch" or "Let it happen in my absence." Everything is easier for me if you are there, even my death. Remember that I love you.