Friday, November 18, 2011

FIERY LIPS.......

The Olsen Sistas


I think this time of year, a bold lip is always fun. Red lips are definitely a classic look to me, and I feel like the look has been really popular lately. When I think of red lips I think of Gwen Stefani, Mad Men, and all things retro and vintage. I think that red lips have the ability to take a look from being just alright to being exciting and fun. Don't think that you aren't able to pull this look off. Here are some tips that might help convince you to try it:
  • To avoid looking like a clown, apply minimal eye makeup...a few coats of mascara should do, and use a light, soft blush.
  • If your complexion is more pink, choose plum shades, and if it's more yellow, choose warmer shades with a brown base.
  • If you think you chose a shade that's too bright, blend other lip colors to create an ideal shade for yourself.
Don't be boring, try it!
Photo: http://theglitterguide.tumblr.com/post/7574127116
Kate Bosworth, Photo: http://blog.lockandmane.com/2010/02/22/kate-bosworth-is-messy-chic-at-calvin-klein/

Rachel McAdams




My attempt at the red lip

No comments:

Post a Comment